Friday, September 18, 2015

7



My name is Charlotte Kelly, and in a few days I will have reached the six month mark of seeing my dad off on his greatest adventure. Some might say that it is the ultimate adventure, but to my dad and our family – it’s just another day of him at work. You see, my dad is an out of this world dad. Literally – he is out of this world. He is currently living and working aboard the International Space Station. Many of you know and hear about him as Astronaut Scott Kelly, the American Astronaut testing the limits and capabilities of the human body living and working in space for one year. To me – he is just “dad”, and in a few days, I will turn 12 and my dad will mark his halfway point of his journey. We will celebrate our events by having dinner together via teleconference. It’s not much, but it means the world to me.

I usually spend a better part of my summer break with my dad at his house. I could not stay at his house this summer, and I’m not so sure I would be up to it either. It does look like fun floating around and spinning from one end of the space station to the next, but he works a lot and I think I would have gotten in the way. Summer did make the past three months go by pretty quick, but the next three months will be a challenge. I will miss spending part of the holidays with my dad. This part is where having a dad with a cool job stinks.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Charlie its Connor I know it's tough but if you need encouragement text or call I'm here for you

    ReplyDelete